Sunday, January 10, 2016

Recipe Alert! Asian Stir Fry and Cauliflower Fried Rice

I made this last night and the boys ate everything, including the cauliflower rice. And, they don't even like regular rice that much. This was a recipe that was pretty much my own making. I have used stir fry flavor before and I knew I could mimic the recipe in some form and keep it compliant. So, I just grabbed a few of the "popular Chinese spices" I had on hand and worked with those. One of the best investments when you're cooking everything yourself is to make sure you have a nice little spice collection. I love Trader Joe's because they have their spices for $2 in a pretty glass jar.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the (very simple) recipe.

Asian Style Stir Fry Sauce – Whole30 Compliant
¼ cup of Coconut Aminos
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
3 tbsp water
Whisk together and add more salt if needed.
This made enough to flavor 1lb of cubed chicken and then I removed the chicken and steamed broccoli in the sauce as well.


Cauliflower Rice
1 head of cauliflower, cut apart and washed.
I used the food processor to pulse until the consistency of rice. You could use a box grater as well.
Since I was serving with stirfry, I salted and used olive oil to toss/coat the cauliflower rice in a bowl and then cooked like fried rice in the same pan I made the stir fry in.

It’s cooked the exact same way you cook fried rice, and after a couple of minutes I threw some more coconut aminos into the pan for extra flavor.  Taste test to ensure your cauliflower loses its crispness and it will become soft like rice. I cooked the whole head in two batches in the pan so that I could cook it thoroughly. Crunchy rice is just as gross when it’s cauliflower “rice”.

Let me know if you try it and how it turns out for you!

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment