Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Whole30 Slacker is more like it....

Is there a label for people like me? Other than "loud" or "excited" or "embarrasses her husband in front of the neighbors" ?
I am a Whole30 flunkie. Here's the thing. I have revolutionized my family's way of eating. And I have discovered that I feel like absolute crap when I have refined sugar and stuff. LIKE FALLING ASLEEP ON THE COUCH TIRED. I just find that I am too easy on myself when it comes down to it. I blame my parents. They were super strict and I always followed the rules and so when I grew up,  I just realized I could break some of them and nothing bad would happen. Ok, I'm kidding about blaming them (though they WERE really strict).

Accountability is something every one needs. Leaders aren't immune. It's important in every aspect of our lives. I know I need accountability when I parent. Curtis and I balance each other with our parenting strengths. (As in, I enforce the rules and he lovingly bends them!) I know I need accountability in my walk with Christ. I know I need accountability with my cupcake addiction. (Guys, I haven't had a cupcake in like 3 months. Though I did have birthday cake in December) So, I am starting a clean eating challenge group and I have set us up for success by making it a 14 day challenge. Sounds much easier to commit to, amiright?

Here's the deal. As the LEADER of the challenge, I will be held to a higher standard. And I can't crap out on all my awesome people who are taking the challenge with me. So, while I won't be forcing the Whole30 req's on them, I will be personally doing a Whole14 and then pushing my way through from there.

Ya know what we all need more than accountability? Grace. It's ok to totally suck and fail miserably. It's a beautiful reminder of the grace freely given to us by our heavenly Father. So, while I am clearly a Whole30 Slacker, I am also completely loved and accepted every time I fail at something bigger than a clean diet. And that is pretty cool, if you ask me.


2 comments:

  1. I was sure more strict than my parents who let us learn from our own mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure more strict than my parents who let us learn from our own mistakes.

    ReplyDelete