Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A False Start

I know I was planning on starting the Whole30 on November 1st, but I didn't. I promise that I have a great reason for that. We all got hit with a stomach bug. One by one. It was awful. Gage got sick Friday. Then we miraculously were all well for Halloween and trick or treating.

 I woke up Sunday feeling a little icky but got my coffee with cream of coconut from Trader Joe's and NO SUGAR and had an apple for breakfast. I technically started the Whole30. Then I quickly devolved into being super sick and could only eat a handful of pretzels around lunch time. I then took a long nap and woke up feeling only mildly improved. I ate about 8 bites of Cheerios with almond milk and finally had a Nutri Grain bar and a cup of water at 9pm. Basically, I knew that dry bread and water was all I could manage.

That night, Curtis was hit with the stomach bug. Then Monday night, Cade took his turn. I barely felt normal Monday and had to take Tuesday off from teaching my classes because I kept Cade home. I will say that I had my flu shot (mandatory as an employee of the hospital unless I want to fill out paperwork and make up a reason not to get it. Like "I am a baby and WAH! I don't wanna". Because that's the only thing I have against it.) on Friday and I had flu like symptoms in addition to the stomach bug that was due to my immune system taking a germ hit. I was definitely more sick than my guys were and I am thankful they didn't have the muscle aches and headache that I had.

All in all, it just made zero sense to go all crazy Whole30 this week. We're now all well and I am planning on picking up a couple more things to make my own sauces and condiments and keep our food flavorful while we eat healthy.

You can follow me on Pinterest and specifically my Whole30 board for ideas that I am using for my meals and more importantly, the sauces and flavorings I am using to make them edible :)

The new and improved start for this Whole30 Journey is November 8th. Leave me a comment if you drop by!

Jodie

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I was wondering about condiments and Whole30. I can't live without ketchup and BBQ sauce. Let me know your ideas on those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm in. I need the accountability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try anything I post, or if you decide to officially start the challenge yourself. We can tackle it together!

      Delete