Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Days 3 & 4 - I might just make it!

I skipped out on a separate blog post for day 3 because I was planning on writing this morning, but Curtis ended up having the morning off and I was home til 11, so we spent the morning together talking and relaxing on the couch. He ended up working MUCH later than he normally does though, so I was glad we had the morning to spend together.

Yesterday I basically skipped breakfast because I wasn't feeling it and had a Larabar along with a double shot of espresso from Starbucks. In my defense, Cade asked me to stop for chocolate milk after we dropped off Gage and I felt like we could manage a trip in. Since I had made my compliant coffee with canned coconut milk and date paste and brought it with me, I ended up adding the espresso shots to it and getting a real caffeine fix. It might have affected my outlook for the rest of the day as well. :)

Lunch was sadness. I had leftover chicken from Monday night's dinner on top of baby spring mix. I threw some avocado, broccoli and strawberries on there too. I suddenly wished I had the foresight to make dressing. It was pretty dry as far as salads go. But, I found some organic balsamic vinegar today so tomorrow you'll see a recipe for salad dressing!

Dinner was crockpot beef, potatoes and carrots. Nothing fancy as far as seasonings go. Salt, sage, thyme, paprika, pepper. Afterwards, I smashed the potatoes and put clarified butter on them. Then had a second plate of just potatoes. I really missed bread on Tuesday.


Today, I made us a late breakfast and it wasn't fancy at all. I needed to go to the store so there was no spinach in our eggs. Coincidentally, I still forgot the spinach when I went to the store. So eggs scrambled in a little ghee.

I got my food processor from Amazon last night, so I made some almond butter before I went to bed and had some with a banana in addition. I mushed it all up and it was ridiculously good. Also sorta looked like cat puke.

Lunch was non-existent. I think I had some almond butter and another Larabar. I have hard boiled eggs, but the darn things are so hard to peel for some reason (I believe it has something to do with their freshness?) and I was not in the mood to spend the time getting the food from the shell!

And, I used this delicious recipe for marinara sauce and it was a hit. Unfortunately, I DID use the red pepper flakes and it was too spicy to give to the kids. Curtis and I ate it and I gave them some organic sauce from a jar. I know, I'm the worst mom ever.

We had grass fed ground beef and I made regular organic penne for the guys while I made Zoodles for myself. Basically, a decent sized zucchini in the veggie spiralizer made enough for me and me only. I was hoping to have leftover zoodles for tomorrow, but I can make more I suppose. I boiled them for about 2-3 minutes so they'd be soft like pasta. I threw olives on top of it all, because, well, I love olives.

I felt like I wanted to play with the food processor some more, so I made "pudding" with bananas, cocoa powder, a couple of dates and then mixed some almond butter in once I got myself a serving. I put the rest of it in the fridge, and I am looking forward to trying it cold tomorrow. So, though that was all compliant, it's frowned upon to make treats while on the Whole30.

I have to admit, I do feel better. When I let myself get too hungry, I start wanting to reach for my normal snacks like cheese and crackers. I had a dream last night that I accidentally ate some goldfish crackers and then spit them out on the floor. But, that painful whiney feeling of wanting sugar has pretty much gone. I feel more clear headed. I am a bit moody still because darnit, I do want some delicious bread. So, maybe I have just moved on to jonesing for grains instead of sugar. Ah well. One day at a time, guys,

More tomorrow!

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment